Sunday, July 21, 2013

Eilean Bhan - 3

My guide, Mike, unlocked the outer door and allowed me to walk around the balcony of the lighthouse. Unfortunately the looming Skye Bridge hogged the view.

View from the balcony

Looking towards the old Keeper's House from the balcony of the light
After climbing back down the tower Mike led me over to the hide, well stocked with binos and birding books. It would be a wonderful place to spend a few hours with its view over the north of the island looking towards Raasay.

Inside the hide
Before leaving the island I had to sit on the trig pillar that marks its highest point. I'd seen the pillar on every crossing of the bridge over the past 18 years, so it was great fun to finally sit on it.

Atop Eilean Bhan

View from the Trig Pillar

No comments:

Post a Comment